Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Ten Questions for Sheriff David Shoar About Offensive T-Shirts He Distributed to Intimidate Anti-War Citizens in St. Johns County
Dear Sheriff Shoar:
1. Were any public funds used to purchase the t-shirts reported in FOLIO (If You Don't Stand Behind Our Troops, Then Stand in Front of Them)?
2. How much was spent? What purpose was served?
3. Why? Who suggested it?
4. Who was the vendor? Was there competitive bidding?
5. How many shirts were ordered?
6. Do you understand these t-shirts offend reasonable, peaceable people, and appear to invite violence?
7. Do you intend to apologize?
8. Is it "Christian" to display such shirts? Was Jesus a warmonger? Does your Bible say, "though shalt not kill?"
9. Would you attend an event marking Independence Day with incineration of the Declaration of Independence and (in effigy) John Adams and John Hancock -- as British loyalists did here in 1776?
10. Have you read John Dean's book, "Conservatives Without Conscience?" If not, will you please do so?
With kindest regards,